- Bacon, green chile & cheese
- Sauteed carrots and carrot tops
- Sauteed onions, greens (kale, chard & spinach) & cheese
- Sauteed asparagus (with lemon pepper) and Parmesan cheese
- Green chile & cheese
A few details/observations:
- I'd recommend using about 15 eggs and 1 1/2 cups of whole milk for 24 "muffins" (I used 18 eggs and 2 cups of milk....it was too much). Likewise, 8 eggs and 1 cup of soy milk would be plenty for Fish girls 12 next time :-)
- A few small potatoes sliced into rounds makes for the perfect size for your "crust" in the bottom of the muffin tin.
- I baked the potato slices for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees before adding the veggies and egg mixture. Then, I baked it all at 375 degrees for another 35 minutes.
- Olive oil did not prevent the eggs from sticking to the muffin tins...next time I'll try something else. Maybe vegetable oil or butter?
- I put them all in labelled bags in the freezer so we each have our own to choose from throughout the coming weeks.
- Having several different options/varieties is great, but once they're cooked it's a little hard to tell them apart. Maybe next time I'l put all the same variety in one muffin tin instead of making one tin for each of us with several different varieties ;-)
All in all, not a bad experiment. They're not incredibly filling on their own but are good with a piece of toast or a biscuit. I will definitely keep playing with this idea :-)